Flexible routing Hardware

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Israel James

Hello
I’m looking for any info on analog multi-channel (at least 4-6 outs) audio mixers with flexible routing options. So far the best I could find was the Hear Technologies 16 channel monitor board .. I hope this is the right place to post this thread. 🙏🏽

You will be able to find many mixer with 4 outputs; typically as 1-2 main + 3-4 aux bus. I have Mackie ProFX6v3 with 6 inputs since I don't need many simultaneous inputs. Other models have up to 16 inputs I believe.

Getting to 6-8 outputs is more of a challenge. Mixers seem to have a ton of inputs but not much past stereo outputs.
BEWARE: How they come up with more inputs/outputs is by counting 2 channels of digital I/O or outputs you can't really assign to as you would normally.

Remember that connecting to a PC via USB removes that number of physical outputs concern; I'm fully opening previous 8-24 track ACID projects this way. Once I'm satisfied with placement, FX, levels, I render to multi-channel WAV files.

For the surround mixing monitors, I've got a Behringer FCA610 box that gives me six 1/4" outputs to play projects already recorded. ($100 on eBay)
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FCA610--behringer-fca610

Last edited:
My Behringer UB2442FX can produce 10 outputs:

2 channels LR output
4 channels sub output 1-4
4 channels aux send 1-4

Back