Quadradisc list

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Larry,

Yep, the DB25 switchbox with custom DB25 to RCA cables is an excellent way to go. Just be sure to get a quality switchbox with a gold-plated switch for optimum performance. I have a four-way switch. Connected to it are SACD multi-channel, DVD-A multi-channel, and a Russound quad patchbay (which handles switching of the quad components). It works great, and I need only a single 5.1 input on my pre-amp.

Regards,
Cai

larry
I have a UHJ Lp that does Move the sound around
It is by TAG a electronic group
At one part the sound moves right round the room and into reverse
It shows on the scope as though all the sound moves at the same time
Like a ball of music
I also played it through the Dennon UD4 decoder
as uhj in the UD4 mode and it seemed to be the same
The sound moved the same way
ron

Is it the group's "Digitaria" recording, Ron? I've got that one on CD. It actually has the Ambisonic logo on the label side of the CD and a lengthy description about "Psychoacoustics and Ambisonics" in the accompanying booklet.

I understand that the group has released other Ambisonic albums, but Mark Anderson's discography lists only "Digitaria", and I have yet to trip across another, at least on eBay. I encountered an auction for the TAGC title "Iso-Erotic Calibrations" over a year ago. When I asked the seller if the notes contained any mention of Ambisonics, he replied "no mention of ambisonics, just a bunch of pretentious rambling". That comment could describe the "Digitaria" notes, too.

Nevertheless, because this is the only recording I've discovered that uses Ambisonics' capability to reproduce pan-pots, I keep looking for others from TAGC.

Larry

Jay
The Lp is called
.SHT. no I have’nt left out any letters
It plays 45 rpm on one side 33 on the other
it is on Sweatbox records
ron

My SSP-1 decoder is the best quad decoder I have ever heard even without full logic

"My SSP-1 decoder is the best quad decoder I have ever heard even without full logic"
ambio
I am still tripping on this statement and haven't heard back from you?

Dave

Back