Qvox with dipole

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConfusedCroat

Hey party people,

I have just bought a realistic STA-77L. I have been wanting to experience something higher than stereo sound for years, there aren’t too many quads for sale here in Croatia, but I saw this beautiful STA-77L pop up, and the price was very right, so I figured I would play around with Quatravox for a while until eventually one day moving up to quad whenever I find one on sale here.

For the rears, I am considering buying Dipole speakers. I know dipole speakers do not have a great reputation in the vinyl community, in regards to stereo sound. However, the Qvox is just a hafler circuit shooting the phase sounds to the rear, so I am considering wagering that the dipole speakers - since they will only be shooting out the phase sounds in 3 directions - will not create a muddy mess of music, and that this is probably one of the applications where dipole speakers might come in handy.

Wondering if any of you guys have had experience with this? Or even just would be happy to hear your thoughts and two cents! You guys have a cool little corner here, much less aggressive than places like audiokarma or vinylengine, and hope to hang around more as I get closer to quad sound.

I had paradigm dipole rears for a while but got rid of them. I struggled to find the right position for them. I've had much more success with regular speakers and just angling them to get the rear sound that I want.

BTW I just got back from a 2 week tour of Croatia - beautiful country.

I had paradigm dipole rears for a while but got rid of them. I struggled to find the right position for them. I've had much more success with regular speakers and just angling them to get the rear sound that I want.

BTW I just got back from a 2 week tour of Croatia - beautiful country.
Awesome, thank you. It’s not like the dipoles are my only option, a few a few others, was I guess just feeling experimental.

I am glad you enjoyed our country. I can’t believe you were just here. When I was a kid there wasn’t a single tourist until July. I hope it was at least moderately warm where you want, our beaches are our jewels.

Back