Sinead O'Connor Dolby Atmos mixes by Steven Wilson incoming?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSmithers

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I think the reviewer is missing the point with this comment about hearing Sinead in Atmos - "If I'd had a warm, overpriced beer in my hand, I really could have been at a live music venue."

I doubt Steven was mixing the song in Atmos to make it sound like it was being played live.............

I think the reviewer is missing the point with this comment about hearing Sinead in Atmos - "If I'd had a warm, overpriced beer in my hand, I really could have been at a live music venue."

I doubt Steven was mixing the song in Atmos to make it sound like it was being played live.............
Iā€™ll give the reviewer the benefit of the doubt and presume he was praising the Atmos mix for making him feel like he was ā€œinā€ the performance (which is one of the main things I like about surround sound) as opposed to making a studio recording sound like a live concert.

Either way, Iā€™d love to see Sineadā€™s first two albums be released in Atmos. Hello, Paul Sinclairā€¦

Last edited:
I was there, during one of the listening sessions with Steven.

There were a bunch of tracks from various artists that Steven mixed in Atmos and that are not yet released. Some of them will be released in the context of anniversary editions of classic albums, but as I understood it, there were also some mixes of individual tracks that were requested through a push from Apple to have a lot of the world's most popular songs in Atmos. I am not sure which category the Sinead O'Connor track fits into.

I understand the reviewer in that this track sounded less aggressive than a lot of the other mixes. The soundstage was expanded into a third dimension, and that sounded enveloping and soothing, but the mix wasn't intended to sound as shockingly creative as some other tracks.

Back