Mark Knopfler - One Deep River (SDE exclusive Blu-Ray w/Dolby Atmos, limited to 2000, April '24)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my shipping notice at last, within 30 minutes of sending an email asking why my package hadn’t shipped yet !!!

Me five. This would be a good name for a band :)
I must admit my excitement about this release went from 10 when I purchased it to 1 after having listened to the released songs with such a disappointing mix. I hope I go back at least to 6 when I play the Blu-ray
Same here!
I have to say I feel I am on a roll, 2023 was the year I purchased more immersive titles than the rest of my life and none of them disappointed me.
This one could be the one that breaks the streak, I really hope the song available on Amazon Music is no indicator of the rest (in terms of mix).

Last edited:
No 18 duly arrived today.

Enjoying this release music and lyrics wise....and yes the Atmos mix does come alive, just not all the time. But don't let my comment put you off, it still sounds great overall.

There are only Atmos and Stereo options.

Mark is in fine fettle.
The first track reminds of the late and great JJ Cale.

This release will get plenty of repeat plays from me, as it's a beautiful album.

I am 7 tracks in, via Apple4K Dolby Atmos.
The music is calming and relaxing, not yet have I heard guitar hard rock, but most definitely Knopfler, right hand picking style, also a lot of pedal steel guitar, music is what I call morning coffee music, definitely not evening whiskey music.
My definition is what I call front loaded Atmos, meaning three floor fronts and two front heights are what's driving the mix.
The rear heights and rear surrounds, strictly ambient.
I like it alot, just won't be drinking my whiskey for it, unless I want to cry in my whiskey.

I am 7 tracks in, via Apple4K Dolby Atmos.
The music is calming and relaxing, not yet have I heard guitar hard rock, but most definitely Knopfler, right hand picking style, also a lot of pedal steel guitar, music is what I call morning coffee music, definitely not evening whiskey music.
My definition is what I call front loaded Atmos, meaning three floor fronts and two front heights are what's driving the mix.
The rear heights and rear surrounds, strictly ambient.
I like it alot, just won't be drinking my whiskey for it, unless I want to cry in my whiskey.
Yep my views too, definitely front loaded heights...hence my comment about not always kicking in. Oh well, on second run through while watching IPL cricket.
One day there will a set format for Atmos engineers to follow....😶

Back