Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread replaces the old "New Members Only!! (Members who have never posted)" thread, which got to be a little on the LARGE side!

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...bers-only-members-who-have-never-posted.2843/
This thread replaces the old "New Members Only!! (Members who have never posted)" thread, which got to be a little on the LARGE side!

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...bers-only-members-who-have-never-posted.2843/
Hello everyone, I'm Jason. Glad to be here. Surround enthusiast and proud overseer of a dedicated theater room. Looking forward to learning and sharing with each of you!

Hello everyone.

I joined this site in 2019, but for some reason I stopped receiving update emails and when I tried to log in I could not.

So anyway here I am again as a "new member". I was into quad back in the day. I had CD-4 and thought it was great. In recent years I have been ripping my vinyl, and decided that it would be neat to set up for quad again to be able to hear those unique mixes. I have some catching up to do..

Hello,
I’m new to the forum. A friend of mine and I we’re chatting about immersive and surround sound and he mentioned quadraphonicquad. I’m a musician(multi-instrumentalist/producer/improvisor) I love working with loops and sound design on the fly. I’m interested in possibly adding a quadraphonic or immserssive element to a personal project that I’ve been working on and was hoping to connect to some knowledgeable folks here. I’ve searched out some different modes of application in regard to immersive audio but much of what I’ve found is more complex and would require much more effort on my part than I’m willing to put in. I’m new to the concept of quadraphonics .. I do understand that it’s an older technology .. but I’m intrigued by its simplicity and am wondering if I can produce a similar sonic quad atmosphere using my daw and the outputs of my interface? I use BitWig studio and my interface is the Antelope discrete4. Does anyone here do this already?
Thanks again!

Hello,
I’m new to the forum. A friend of mine and I we’re chatting about immersive and surround sound and he mentioned quadraphonicquad. I’m a musician(multi-instrumentalist/producer/improvisor) I love working with loops and sound design on the fly. I’m interested in possibly adding a quadraphonic or immserssive element to a personal project that I’ve been working on and was hoping to connect to some knowledgeable folks here. I’ve searched out some different modes of application in regard to immersive audio but much of what I’ve found is more complex and would require much more effort on my part than I’m willing to put in. I’m new to the concept of quadraphonics .. I do understand that it’s an older technology .. but I’m intrigued by its simplicity and am wondering if I can produce a similar sonic quad atmosphere using my daw and the outputs of my interface? I use BitWig studio and my interface is the Antelope discrete4. Does anyone here do this already?
Thanks again!
Welcome to QQ!

Some of us have some experience in this area, I'm sure some will chime in.

For myself, I use MAGIX (formerly Sony, formerly Sonic Foundry) ACID 10.0/11.0 as a DAW. Project properties can be 2.0 stereo or 5.1 surround. (5.1 can be used for 4.0 quad as well) This gives me access to my own tracks, ACID loop libraries, VST2/VST3 plugins. Finished projects are rendered to WAV files towards either DVD-Audio discs for vehicles of HDD FLACs for home audio (or my tablet 5.1 system in a vehicle).

Last edited:
Hello,
Thanks again!
Welcome. While I have no knowledge to share with you, you are in the right pace. A lot of folks here that are technical.

Hello everyone.

I joined this site in 2019, but for some reason I stopped receiving update emails and when I tried to log in I could not.

So anyway here I am again as a "new member". I was into quad back in the day. I had CD-4 and thought it was great. In recent years I have been ripping my vinyl, and decided that it would be neat to set up for quad again to be able to hear those unique mixes. I have some catching up to do..
Welcome in! I do some CD-4 Demod's./Conversions myself (lots of fun when it works.)

Can you go into some detail of your set-up; as we can perhaps learn from you or vice versa?
Perhaps since you've already introduced yourself here, respond to a new thread or one already created like the one below :)

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ess-and-failure-but-still-in-the-fight.32705/

Welcome in! I do some CD-4 Demod's./Conversions myself (lots of fun when it works.)

Can you go into some detail of your set-up; as we can perhaps learn from you or vice versa?
Perhaps since you've already introduced yourself here, respond to a new thread or one already created like the one below :)

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ess-and-failure-but-still-in-the-fight.32705/
I appreciate the welcome!
My set up is an electric bass running through a stereo pedal board then into an antelope discrete4 interface into BitWig studio (DAW) and then out to my current monitors but I’d like to run it out to four separate speakers .. what I don’t understand is how to divide the stereo signal into four separate signals or the options behind the concept of quad sound. Is it 2 stereo signals or 4 mono signals and the how to pan those four channels in BitWig .. in Ableton there’s surround panner that will do it and in VCV rack there are quad panners but I’d like to figure out the least taxing on my cpu .. or find an analog mixer that can support and flexibly route to multiple outputs .. so far I’ve only found one and it’s more than I currently have in regard to paying for it .. hear technologies monitor board.

I appreciate the welcome!
My set up is an electric bass running through a stereo pedal board then into an antelope discrete4 interface into BitWig studio (DAW) and then out to my current monitors but I’d like to run it out to four separate speakers .. what I don’t understand is how to divide the stereo signal into four separate signals or the options behind the concept of quad sound. Is it 2 stereo signals or 4 mono signals and the how to pan those four channels in BitWig .. in Ableton there’s surround panner that will do it and in VCV rack there are quad panners but I’d like to figure out the least taxing on my cpu .. or find an analog mixer that can support and flexibly route to multiple outputs .. so far I’ve only found one and it’s more than I currently have in regard to paying for it .. hear technologies monitor board.
I play bass as well. As far as quad it would help to know if you have FX outputs to play with? Otherwise you’re just going to pan 1 output to somewhere in the sound field.

Hi ! Ian here. I am a freelance audio engineer and producer, I have worked on both archival projects and original music. Perhaps most notably I’ve worked with a few vintage Soft Machine recordings for Cuneiform Records.

Anyway - I’m also a big surround sound enthusiast, and recently upgraded to a Sony atmos system. I have a modest collection of surround titles on blu ray but my favorites are the Steven Wilson stuff - the Jethro Tull boxed sets, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, XTC and so on. I’ve been working on making my own original atmos mixes for streaming too, so I guess I’m slightly more than an enthusiast but still learning how to work beyond stereo.

Thanks for adding me here ! I joined to post in the Robin Trower thread but I’ll be following some other new releases coming soon and hopefully be posting on my YouTube channel about some of them.

https://youtube.com/@shedsoundsmediawithianbeabout?si=yVWc8b0twWfcFiJ3

Hello everyone, I'm Jason. Glad to be here. Surround enthusiast and proud overseer of a dedicated theater room. Looking forward to learning and sharing with each of you!
Welcome aboard! We sound like brothers from a different mother. My room build is in my sig, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to see and read about your room.

I guess a better question is what other instruments will be involved?
I would be my bass running through a stereo fx ( Meris Enzo to Meris LVX to a looper ) pedal board .. I think the routing would definitely be through my DAW .. just wondering if anyone in the forum has experience with this concept.

Mixing my own stuff, the bass is likely Alexis Midiverb II or current plug ins, keyboard or sampled bass, mic’d versus direct, multiple outputs. Depending on the tune it’s up front or pulled out into the center of the room. Modify so it sits right with other instruments ( or library elements). Looper outputs could be fun on other channels.

I’m not sure what you’re expecting to happen, that’s about it for me.

Mixing my own stuff, the bass is likely Alexis Midiverb II or current plug ins, keyboard or sampled bass, mic’d versus direct, multiple outputs. Depending on the tune it’s up front or pulled out into the center of the room. Modify so it sits right with other instruments ( or library elements). Looper outputs could be fun on other channels.

I’m not sure what you’re expecting to happen, that’s about it for m
I’d love to hear some of your work.. I was hoping to create more movement than stereo can provide within the sonic space using a quad set up . Most of what I’m doing when it comes to Looping is improvisational. Are you mixing down to a surround format?

I am working on revising surround mixes now. I made a DVD-A last August and want to correct some things now that I have sound fields that I I trust to audition them. There are stereo versions on Soundcloud for reference. We'll probably need to jump to the appropriate topic area to continue this.

Hello everyone

My name is Paul I live in England and have just joined the forum. I have a Sony blu ray surround system and I’m relatively new to the world of Blu Ray audio. Favourite artists are Ultravox, Marillion and Elvis Presley among many, many others. Joined to read peoples reviews and opinions on hardware and software.
Paul

Hello everyone

My name is Paul I live in England and have just joined the forum. I have a Sony blu ray surround system and I’m relatively new to the world of Blu Ray audio. Favourite artists are Ultravox, Marillion and Elvis Presley among many, many others. Joined to read peoples reviews and opinions on hardware and software.
Paul
Welcome! Prepare your wallet!!!

Back