Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hellop-
My name is BZ Lewis, and I'm a recording studio owner/engineer who does Atmos mixing. I came across this site because a friend of mine told me about a few posts on this forum talking about my wild Atmos mixes. I wanted to thank the people who posted, so now I'm a member. Who knows what I'm going to learn from you guys! Looking forward to it :)

Hellop-
My name is BZ Lewis, and I'm a recording studio owner/engineer who does Atmos mixing. I came across this site because a friend of mine told me about a few posts on this forum talking about my wild Atmos mixes. I wanted to thank the people who posted, so now I'm a member. Who knows what I'm going to learn from you guys! Looking forward to it :)
Welcome to the forum!

Hellop-
Link to the Apple Music album here:

Definitely worth checking out.

Last edited:
Hello!
My name is Poli. I'm a songwriter/guitarist/producer and Dolby Atmos mix engineer. These days we have to wear many hats!! :LOL: I have just completed a full Atmos mix of my band The Echo Veils and our album The Calm Beneath the Noise. I have 7.1.4 setup in my studio located in Toronto working mainly in Pro Tools. Our album is now live on the various streaming platforms. Thank you for the opportunity of being part of this community! Cheers! 🍺

portadaEV1.jpg

Hello!
My name is Poli. I'm a songwriter/guitarist/producer and Dolby Atmos mix engineer. These days we have to wear many hats!! :LOL: I have just completed a full Atmos mix of my band The Echo Veils and our album The Calm Beneath the Noise. I have 7.1.4 setup in my studio located in Toronto working mainly in Pro Tools. Our album is now live on the various streaming platforms. Thank you for the opportunity of being part of this community! Cheers! 🍺

View attachment 105721
Welcome to QQ!

Hello!

View attachment 105721

Pleased to meet you Poli! Looking forward to future posts!!

Hello from Cairns, Queensland, Australia.

I have been waiting more than 30 years to experience the music of Pink Floyd in quadraphonic sound. Now I might have my chance, having purchased a Technics SS 2900D record player. The system will need some repairs: missing drivebelt, might need a new stylus and I have to source 4 speakers for it.

I am time poor, so I have not yet had time to even research whether my Pink Floyd "SQ" records will quadraphonically decode on the Technics CD-4 system. Hope so.

Hello!

View attachment 105721

Welcome to QQ Poli! I am only a few songs into this so far and I am loving it. The songs are strong and the mix is quite tasteful.

Is there any chance that the Atmos mix will be made available on a blu-ray? I'd definitely buy a copy.

Hello from Cairns, Queensland, Australia.

I have been waiting more than 30 years to experience the music of Pink Floyd in quadraphonic sound. Now I might have my chance, having purchased a Technics SS 2900D record player. The system will need some repairs: missing drivebelt, might need a new stylus and I have to source 4 speakers for it.

I am time poor, so I have not yet had time to even research whether my Pink Floyd "SQ" records will quadraphonically decode on the Technics CD-4 system. Hope so.
First, welcome aboard. This hobby has exposed me (and my bank account) to wonderful worlds of new music, and I’m confident it will do the same for you.

Well, no, the Pink Floyd SQ records won’t decode properly because SQ and CD-4 are very, very different methods of encoding back channels.

However, there is a company in Australia manufacturing NEW SQ/QS decoders called Involve Audio, and they have a deservedly high reputation. There’s no worrying about the condition of a used piece of gear, and they come with a warranty.

https://involveaudio.com/product/surround-master-v3/

Also, Pink Floyd has released several multichannel (MCH) recordings in digital formats, and the ones I have are excellent.

Last edited:
Welcome to QQ Poli! I am only a few songs into this so far and I am loving it. The songs are strong and the mix is quite tasteful.

Is there any chance that the Atmos mix will be made available on a blu-ray? I'd definitely buy a copy.
Thank you so much privateuniverse!! It's a work of love!
Right now we are in the process of pressing CDs and vinyl. But now you've got me thinking! May be considering blue-ray as well! That would be sweet! Cheers 🍺

Hello, @BZ Lewis and @Poli Elizondo !

I believe you’ll find us to be a generally cordial bunch, although our musical tastes vary quite a bit. We take our listening seriously, but not too seriously, and we share our experiences.

Glad to have a couple more music MAKERS in the crowd, too. I look forward to hearing your works.
Thank you barfle! Very interested to hear some great surround/immersive/atmos mixes that you guys can recommend! These are 2 of my works on totally different genres:

Thank you barfle! Very interested to hear some great surround/immersive/atmos mixes that you guys can recommend! These are 2 of my works on totally different genres:
Would be cool if you could get some downloads on the IAA shop. One of our members @sjcorne would be a starting point....

Would be cool if you could get some downloads on the IAA shop. One of our members @sjcorne would be a starting point....
2nd that. You can get IAA hooked you on that....another source of income. Way better share than Apple Music's and lossless, and us surround lovers like physical / files formats. Just throwing it out there

Last edited:
Hey all my name is Brian and I am a new member located in Chicago. I'm a filmmaker and recent convert to the wonderful world of surround and Atmos and DVD/Blu Ray audio. Excited to meet some new people and get some good recommendations. Thanks for letting me join this wonderful community!!

Hey all my name is Brian and I am a new member located in Chicago. I'm a filmmaker and recent convert to the wonderful world of surround and Atmos and DVD/Blu Ray audio. Excited to meet some new people and get some good recommendations. Thanks for letting me join this wonderful community!!
Welcome! I'm down by Champaign/Urbana.

Back